Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mommy pick up

Today at the park while swinging Walker I was approached by another mom. She has a 9 month old daughter would, coincidentally, also loves to swing!

She was super friendly and started asking questions about whether I was a SAHM and if I knew of any play groups. After some chit chat she cut to the chase and wanted to get my number so our little ones could get together. We exchanged numbers and are hoping to get together this week.

This is my first ever mommy pick up. I have never felt comfortable enough to ask a random stranger for their number so our littles could hang out. But I am so excited that she had the courage to ask me because I desperately need some mommy friends in the area. I am hoping that we connect enough to where I can have someone to go on walks with or grab coffee and swing the littles in the park.

I honestly never knew this was a thing until just recently. Maybe I can start my own play group by grabbing random ladies in the park? :)

Here's my boy swinging away today. He refused to sit back and wanted to lean forward with his arms through the leg holes. What am I going to do with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment