Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Procrastination can be productive

Partially I am writing this blog post to procrastinate on writing my paper, but also I have exciting things to tell about :D

This week I am working on telling Ben when I am wrong. I have such an annoying pride that even when I know I am wrong (and ya, that doesn't happen often). I can't seem to apologize. I will blame being wrong on something else. "I only reacted that way because of the  look you gave me!" "I'm sorry I said that, but had to not done ____ it wouldn't have happened." You get the picture.

Well for the first time this weekend I blew up for a pretty silly reason ( I had a right to be mad, but I wayyy overreacted) and stormed off to shower. While showering I remembered how I am suppose to be working on this pride issue of mine. When I was out of the shower, I immediately apologized and made sure I did  not    blame my outburst on something unrelated. My husband deserves an apology when I mess up and I knew that I had messed up. While this may seem silly to you, it was a huge accomplishment in my department and of course, apologizing once does not mean that I am completely over my pride issue but it does mean I am taking baby steps :)

As for newlywed life, everything is still pretty blissful. Maybe it's that we are still in the "newlywed" stage of our marriage, but really we haven't had any big adjustments (other than I keep trying to push him off the bed in my sleep. Whoops!). Our home is really coming together one piece at a time.

We are planning on a trip to Orlando in May! I AM SO EXCITED. I have never been to Orlando and can not wait to ride the roller coasters and see Hogwarts! Then, when we get back its baby making time... but I think ill save that topic for another day :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. Last week I had a similar/lame experience where I was being ridiculous. I burned my hand really badly and started spouting off things like, 'If only you had done the dishes when you said you would, I wouldn't have gotten burned." Then my brother walked in with his friends who he invited to my house (and why I was running around trying to get ready like a lunatic), and then I blamed him for getting burned because of course it wouldn't have happened if he didn't invite friends over.

    Eventually, after the pain subsided (took forever. It was a second degree burn), I realized I was being a jerk, hurt my husband's feelings for blaming him first, and then realized that actually, if I didn't touch the hot pan MYSELF, I wouldn't have gotten burned. DOY!

    Silly example, but the blame game is quite the trap. Good for you for working on this! We all need a reminder.

    P.S. You're going to LOVE Orlando. I lived like 1 hour from it for the past 15-ish years. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete