Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The first year


Life is great. I have heard it said that the first year of marriage is the hardest and while I will be the first to admit it has not been a piece of cake so far, there hasn't been any real bumps in the road. Granted, we have only been married a little over two months. I think our biggest problem so far has been learning how to go from "Oh, I don't care that he/she does that because it's not my home." to "Holy crap, I'm gonna die if he/she does this one more time." Personally, I think its an adjustment thing. We have to adjust to living together, not only in terms of scheduling but also in terms of chores and household responsibilities. While it has been a roller coaster, and there has been screaming and fighting (because if we didn't argue, life would be boring) but we love each other. I'm willing to fight through every half drank beer bottle left on the table, every random sock kicked off in the middle of the floor, and every not rinsed off dish I have to scrub to reach the perfect cohesion. When we know how the other functions perfectly and how to not intentional make the other person mad.

That was a killer paragraph, but has been on my mind today. Anyone else have silly things they never knew could drive them so crazy after they got married?

No comments:

Post a Comment