My baby is FOUR months old. Holy Moley.
![]() |
| As of 3/1/14, since 2/29/14 doesn't exist this year. |
Sleep:
He is the king of no sleep. We just tranistioned completely out of the swaddle, but we moved into a sleep sack. It's like a blanket that zips around him so he can't pull it up over his face.
He seems to like it. Plus when we snuggle during the day we always use a blanket. He is still waking up 3-6 times a night. We are working through this right now, but this momma is so tired. I can barely function some days. He is also anti naps unless they are in moms arms. I would love to hold him, but this isn't possible everyday. He wakes up as soon as I try to lay him down. Right now I figure persistence is key. I am anti cry it out method, but I will allow him to fuss for a minute or two before soothing him.
Nursing:
He is a nursing champ! I had so many issues in the beginning and I was so close to giving up. I am glad I stuck with it through the cracked nipples, intense pain, and bleeding. We are now nursing 100% pain free. The only downer is that we are still using a shield. I wish I could say that we intend to wean from the shield, but I think we will be stuck with it for the remainder of our nursing journey. Honestly, it's not that terrible. I think maybe thats because I have never had the luxury of nursing without the shield. When it comes down to it, I will take nursing with the shield over not nursing any day.
Daily life:
Walker can roll from back to belly and belly to back now. Tummy time is ancient history (which I am sure he is glad about). All of him movements are now purposeful which is so fun to watch. He can interact with toys now and I adore it. We have started building up our library. Ben and I have decided to buy 4 new books every month. This month we purchased The knight and the Dragon, The Alphabet tree, Dream Train Steam Train, and Alphabet under construction. I am already adding books to my amazon cart for next month! I love reading and I am hoping to pass that on to Walker. We are also practicing assisted sitting which he is doing very well at.
Solids (new category!):
Walker has taken up an interest in anyone with food within 10 feet of him. He will stare them down and open and close him mouth. So we started oatmeal this month! He wasn't a fan at first, but we have only done this twice to date, but he seemed to like it the second time. The first try I used water and the second time I used breast milk. Next Sunday we are starting avocados! I am so excited to see him with these. We are also making our own baby food! Any tips would be appreciated!
| During our 4 month photo shoot |
![]() |
| He loves his Sophie! |
![]() |
| Hanging with mom |
![]() |
| Mr. Green eyes. |





No comments:
Post a Comment