There seems to be this notion that since I got married and pregnant young, my life is over.
I want to assure you that isn't the case.
I had a women tell me that I will be missing the best years of my life, stuck as home cooking dinner and changing diapers. I will never get to get out with friends, date, drink till 5 am, or sleep till noon again.
In my opinion, my son is worth more then all of that put together. I would rather stay up nursing all night then drinking, play peek-a-boo then go to the movies, cuddle and read bedtime stories then sit around and drink wine. I can honestly say I have had my fun with being irresponsible. I am ready to know the most tender and amazing love there is to know.
Oh, and when it comes to marriage. Finding my husband at such a young age is just a bonus! As he likes to say, I have many years to torture him! But in all honesty, I get to truly grow old with someone who has seen me in all my stages. How many people can say they met the love of their life at 18? While I may not get to enjoy the party scene any longer, I honestly believe that what I have at home is worth ten thousand times more.


I agree! I hate how people think young marriage = life is over or that it wont last! To each their own, you can only prove them wrong by being happy :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a good post! It's true family is so important and the best thing we could ever experience!
ReplyDeleteKandis at misterandmisseslake.blogspot.com