So being 28 weeks pregnant it was drawn to my attention that I need to come up with a birth plan.
Now, I have heard of these so called birth "plans", but I also know that you can not plan for something as chaotic as birth. I will however give a general overview of how we plan on going about this whole labor business.
I think I have mentioned it here before, but we are currently taking birthing classes in the Bradley Method (read about the Bradley Method here). Yes, this means I am choosing to have a drug free birthing experience. I have many reasons for this and if you would like to chat about it please email me!
Aside from that, I am choosing to have my husband, sister, and best friend in the delivery room with me. I know they will be the perfect support system for me. I am the type of person who wants people around.
I want to delay cord clamping meaning I want to wait to clamp the umbilical cord for roughly 5 minutes. There are great benefits to delaying cord clamping, I will probably write a whole post about it in the future.
I want instant skin to skin contact after birth and the ability to breastfeed immediately.
Obviously these things are all subject to Walker's health. If he is healthy enough I want to keep him from the nursery for as long as possible. He will be strictly breast fed, no bottles what so ever. I pray that our birth "plan" will be met to the best of hospital's ability, but in the end getting Walker here and healthy is the most important. Again, I know we can not plan for everything when it comes to giving birth.
I am hoping in the future to discuss each of our decisions independently. The amount of research I have conducted in making these decisions may help someone else. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment