about being a normal human being. *warning there maybe some TMI from here on out*
Because lets face it. Pregnancy is not all rainbows and sunshine like everyone says it is. I will be the first to admit that I have had an easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, nothing that would make me turn away from pregnancy forever (because I know women who have sworn off ever getting pregnancy again).
But, I want to vent about the hormones. These hormones are not something to be played with nor are they your average "it's time for aunt flo to come to town" hormones. One minute I love my husband and then he says something silly and I literally want to freak out. One minute I am watching a normal movie, the next the mom and daughter get in a fight and I start bawling (honestly, I don't there has been a single day so far this week where I didn't cry). I have a billion things I can blame on these hormones: the awkward sex dream (about people I don't know!), the gross things my body has begun to produce, my temper, ugh the list goes on.
I feel bad for those around me. Even I know I am acting crazy sometimes. As much as I love pregnancy, the hormones so far have been the worst. I know it will all be worth it in just a few more months.
Which leads me to labor. When we decided to TTC and the day I got that positive pregnancy test labor was the last thing on my mind. In fact, I just recently even began to give it any thought at all. In our Bradley Method class we watched a few films of actual births. Let me insert this here:
HOLY COW! Heck, I even attended a live birth and these video made me seriously question my sanity about wanting a natural birth. Nothing about those videos screamed "a miracle" to me. I still fully intend to have a natural birth, but I would love for some motherly support from those of you who have gone through this. I need to know that the other side exists and that labor won't in fact kill me (because the ladies in the videos aren't very reassuring)
(Who doesn't love Jenna Marbles? If you don't know who she is PLEASE watch a few of her Youtube videos.)

No comments:
Post a Comment