Thursday, September 26, 2013

36 weeks

WHOO! 4 weeks left! I can see the finish line.

We started weekly check ups today. I had my group B strep test and my first cervical exam.

Let me start off by saying, I was terrified for my first cervical exam. Everything on the internet said how bad it was going to hurt, how terrible I would feel afterwards. Some women even said it was worse then labor! Lets just say I was freaking out.

When I got there I had the group B strep test, no biggie. After which we did the cervical exam, piece. of. cake. Now is it something I would want to do on a daily basis? No. If someone said "Hey lets go out for drinks this weekend and then have cervical exams." I would probably turn them down, but it wasn't terrible. It was about the equivalent of a pap smear (awkward? yes. Painful? no).  I am dilated to a 1, 50% effaced, and -3 station. She said I am doing great for a first time mom at 36weeks.

This leads me to a new topic, the internet and pregnancy. Who in their right mind let pregnant women have access to the internet? I told my husband today that we needed to turn off our wifi. I need to stop googling and just relax. Every little ache and pain leads me to Dr. google and he almost always leads me astray.

The problem is I like information. Have you seen What to Expect when your expecting? I would love to have access to that brochure wall. I love research and knowing exactly what I am looking at. I'm not dumb.  I know when I have a cramp its probably not preterm labor, but I still like to research and triple check what other women experience. I like to think the only reason I haven't made a bazillion trips to L&D is because of Dr. Google (even though his info is usually wrong. You have to dig for the good stuff). So you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to information.

No comments:

Post a Comment