Monday, January 20, 2014

Leaving baby overnight?

I have a bachlorette party to attend in exactly 18 days in a completely different state. I am freaking out over the idea of leave Walker for a full 24 hours. We have never spent a day apart and to be completely honest, I wouldn't even go if I wasn't in the wedding. 

Ben will be staying with him obviously, but I just have so many worries. Ben has never done a night feeding. He has never put him to bed, or done bath time by himself. They are  both going to be completely miserable when I'm gone. I highly doubt either of them will be sleeping much during that time. 

Aside from that I have to pump for the trip. Right now I am sitting at 30oz. I'm hoping t have somewhere around 60oz when it's time to leave. I am going to show Ben how to make a bottle using formula in the off chance that's not enough milk.

All the logistics aside, I am freaking out. I don't want to leave my baby. I wish Ben and Walker could just come with me. It's getting to the point where I keep having theses terrible stress dreams about the house catching on fire or Ben forgetting Walker and leaving him at home. The list goes on. There is no real solution though. Since I am in the wedding I am expected at the bachlorette party. Honestly, I would have a blast at the party if I wasn't so concerned about the well-bring of my 3 month old at home. 

At this point, I need to accept that i will probably bawl my eyes out more then once that night and continue with the pumping. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I would be just as nervous! Since it's still a while away, can Ben practice doing a bath, bedtime routine and night feeding under your supervision? It might help give you peace of mind while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete