Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scheduling our lives

No, but seriously, if your also a stay at home mom how do you do it?! 

Right now we are working on a bed time routine. I want our lives to be at least a tad bit more predictable. We started this schedule this week (of course, Walker and I ended up sick this week too):

8:00- Bath time (this was with mom all week because the steam from the shower helped with his breathing). We do soap every 3 days, so usually these are water baths. 

8:30- We do a baby massage, jammie time, and snuggles.

8:45- We start to nurse. I want to implement a book into this time as well. 

Somewhere between 9:00-10:00 he will fall asleep and I will swaddle him and lay him in the rock n play. Usually he doesn't wake up, sometimes he does. I try to let him sooth himself back to sleep, but if he starts to cry I always go and get him immediately and we nurse again. 

Now his wake times during the night are a bit erratic since we just started this system. He usually only wakes twice. The first will be around 3-4am and the second is almost always 5:30-6am. He wakes up around 8 to nurse and we snooze on the couch till 9 before starting our day (usually). 

Now during the day time, its anybody's game. We have no schedule for anything. I choose to nurse on demand so I never look at the clock for nursing. I let him sleep when he chooses, but we also have no regular activities. We almost always play on our kick in play piano, exersaurcer, and gym. We sing songs and listen to music. I need to start reading more books to him. Once it's warmer, I want to go for a walk once a day (even for 10 minutes). 

I have all these plans, but it's impossible to get on a schedule. I need time in the day to clean, take bathroom breaks, and eat and I never seem to have it. So anyone out there have a schedule they use? I would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment