Friday, October 4, 2013

37 weeks

Woah. Full term... FULL TERM! How is that even possible? There is no way I have been pregnant for over 9 months.

I have been the luckiest pregnant women in the world, I swear. I never got morning sickness, I never felt uncomfortable. I haven't taken any trips to L&D or had any unexplained bleeding. Everything has been absolutely perfect and as if I could as for anything else, I still enjoy being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to meet my son. I can't wait to physically hold him in my arms, but I am enjoying having him roll around inside of me. I am aware that I will never get this time back and I refuse to wish it away.

We had our weekly doctor appointment yesterday. Everything checked out and unfortunately there has been no change since last week. I am increasing my dosage of evening primrose oil and picking up the walking a bit. It's not that I want to get him out fast, I just want to avoid being induced. If I can convince him to start showing a few more signs that he plans to come sometime in the next three weeks, I will leave him alone to cook as long as he wants.

We are very fortunate that Ben has managed to save up some vacation days. He will stay home with us for a week after we deliver. I am so glad he gets to spend some one on one time with Walker as well. I know he is jealous that I get to stay home with him for the next year. I am making it my mission that he feels as included as I can make him in everything we do at home. Ben has been working serious amounts of overtime lately to ensure that we will have everything we need for a few weeks once little man is here. I really don't think I tell him enough how much we appreciate the things he does for this family. He really is the rock that holds everything together.

As for everything else, I have the Tulsa Zoo Run tomorrow. We (best friend and I) are only doing the one mile fun run, but being as pregnant as I am (and the high is only 64 tomorrow!) I don't want to over do it. I am really excited about it though. I think we will have a blast.

I am still thinking Walker will be born on the 19th. I don't know why, but that date sticks in my head. I was right about his gender so maybe mommy intuition won't fail me this time either ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment