40 weeks. I was never sure I would make it to this point.
I had my last doctors appointment today. I am still dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. However, with my blood pressure still reaching mild hypertension my midwife decided it would be best to have him sooner rather then later. We go in Sunday at midnight to start cytotec and then they will break my water Monday morning.
While this is not the route I wanted to go (induction was never part of my plan), most importantly I will have a healthy baby in the end. Regardless of how he gets into the world, we are beyond ready to have him here.
The issue with an induction for me right now is being able to count down. I want labor to be this spontaneous "It time to go to the hospital" thing. If it wasn't for the high blood pressure I would be demanding that birth experience. Obviously, I need to make the best choice for both my baby and myself so we will be being induced (I will have my fingers crossed that I will go into labor on my own this weekend, but with the high blood pressure comes light bed rest. I'm not allowed to over exert myself.)
Here is my 40 week (and LAST) bump picture! I will take a picture on Sunday before we head to the hospital.

No comments:
Post a Comment