Realistically, I know that I am only 39 weeks pregnant. I don't even have room to start complaining yet. Honestly, I don't even know if I am 100% ready for labor. The idea is still really scary.
So, according to my charting skills my due date should be Oct. 23rd, my midwife wants to go off my last period date which makes my due date Oct. 21st. When we decided this at the beginning of my pregnancy, I thought "no biggie. It's only 2 days." Boy, was I wrong. Now that I am sitting at 39 weeks 1 day (39 weeks 3 days to her) the idea of an induction start looming over my head.
I.am.terrified.
At todays appointment, I was still 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced. I have had contractions all week and they have done nothing to help move this process along. I am feeling discouraged, beaten down, and downright irritated with my body.
I do not under any circumstances want to be induced. Those two days could make a lot of difference now! My midwife wants to induce me at 41 weeks. That is a week from Monday on here calendar. A WEEK AND A HALF. Sorry for the caps, but I am serious having a panic attack.
So I have a week and a half to get this child out. I turned to the internet for natural ways to induce labor. Here is the gist of what I found:
-sex
-walking
-castor oil (no, just no)
-red raspberry leaf tea
-Evening prim rose oil
-bouncing on a ball
-climbing stairs
-spicy food
Well, starting today I am on a mission to evict baby Walker as nicely as possible. I have been taking the prim rose oil for 2 weeks now and bouncing on a ball. A friend of mine gave me a recipe for a labor cake. I will make a post about that tomorrow, when I make it (I think it deserves it's own post).
It's not that I don't want Walker to bake for as long as possible, believe me I do. I want a healthy strong little boy. I just can't imagine having to be induced and I don't want to lose out on precious time just to be told next week that I am still 2cm and 70% effaced.
Also, I am well aware that those checks mean nothing. I can still go into labor tonight. However, I need to be proactive about this. I need to feel like I am helping my situation along and doing everything in my power to prevent being induced. It's okay to call me a control freak, I know I am one. As a matter of fact I can't stand that I don't know what day he is gonna be born on. That is entirely the control freak in me.
Do you know of a natural way to induce labor that I haven't listed? I would love to hear it!
Tomorrow starts operation outside baby. Wish me luck!
![]() |
| Possible last belly pic? Lets hope so! |

They say nipple stimulation (like with a breast pump) can help, and eating pineapple lol. You may have heard those though. Just brainstorming over here :) Does your midwife have a medical reason she feels necessary to induce you or is it just her rule if you go over due? I'd sure hate to be put through that if all was well with mom and baby.
ReplyDeleteI used acupuncture at 39 weeks (so totally not my thing, I still have no idea why I did it). I went to the place at 5:30pm and my water broke at 11:30pm. HOWEVER, I felt like I pushed my body into labor and it was NOT ready. I had the worse labor, after using the suction and pushing for 4 hrs straight by daughter was born. And I was wore out. So this time I will be waiting until that baby crawls out of me ;) Good luck to you! I would stick with the walking/jogging and bouncing, the more natural ways.
ReplyDelete